photography

photography

Thursday, November 1

Golden Glory (old post from 2012)

Tonight, as the clock slowly approaches 1 a.m., I feel the urgent need to share my DEEP (& some would say, ridiculous) LOVE AFFAIR with Fall and all the goodness that comes with it. Now, I realize this may be a little late. Apparently in the world that we live in today, November 1st actually marks the first day of Winter! And Christmas season!

[ though, IT SHOULD NOT ]

And yes, there is a little resentment in my tone. And for that, well I apologize. 
Though I wasn't always a fan of Christmas (yes, you can re-read that if you didn't get it the first time,) I have made some progress in finding the joy that this red n' green bundle of cheer can bring. Inevitably, I too will soon become giddy at the return of Starbucks Christmas-themed cups post-Halloween day. Argh.

Shamefully, I will now share with you the real reason for why I have formed this stubbornness, but first, get ready to hate me forever for my selfishness ...

All the Christmas cheer surpasses my birthday month!

Yeah, shallow.   
At least I admit it, right?

Really though, join my thought process. What ever REALLY happened to Thanksgiving? 
Skipped. Neglected. Can we go so far as to say, shunned

And for what reason? It's really the best holiday. 
Family, friends, food... PUMPKIN?!
C'mon now. Jump on my bandwagon. You know you all agree.

But, just in cas I haven't convinced you yet, take a little gander at a few of the most glorious gems that this abandoned holiday actually fosters ...

Pumpkin. Oh, the possibilities.
Classic Pumpkin Pie
 Pumpkin Ravioli
Pumpkin Spice Latte
A naturally-beautiful landscape,
with tree leaves competing for
the best hue possible

Fresh Empire Apple, from
 the Local Orchard


No comments:

Post a Comment