photography

photography

Monday, August 19

Baked Banana, Baby


First and foremost, ya'll should know that some would say I'm a teensy bit obsessed with Instagram/a LOT-a-bit fixated on food related Instagrams. 
And no, I'm not ashamed.
But maybe I shouldn't boast about the fact 80% of them are either bananapb &/or chocolate obsessed... like myself...
Because when it comes down to it, does this often times present a problem in my life? 
Absolutely. 

Take for instance this morning. 
I wake up absolutely CRAVING a baked banana,
(a trending breakfast/dessert-like treat that I had never even tasted before in my life)
Is that weird? Or maybe a little sad? Whatever. It was happening either way.

#1 RULE: Satisfy the mind + the stomach. Happy Stomach = Happy Mind. ALWAYS.

You better believe I made myself the HUGEST baked banana you could ever imagine, totally overflowing with all the ingredients that spoke to the rainy Fall-like weather the early morning 

had in store for us. And let me tell you, when this gem was ready to devour, it was just as good as my mind led me to believe it would be.

Little sketched out by the idea of a 'baked' banana?

Well I'm sure that we can all agree there aren't too many things better on this earth than a ripe, flavorful banana dipped in warm, melty, peanut butter. Right?

Now close your eyes and this time imagine that same flavor x1000, 
topped with pumpkin spice - cinnamon - nutmeg 
... & I could go on and on and on. Or you can just try it for yourself. And love me for it. 



So don't you dare even judge the taste based upon the initial image of it fresh out the oven.

Because while yes, that may be a blackened banana peel ... 
move well beyond appearance my loves, and use your sense of smell.
Breathe in that gooey, cinnamon-y, yummy inside.


Here's What You're Gonna Need:
  • 1 medium/large banana
  • 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter (I substitute Sunflower Seed Butter)
  • Walnuts
  • Cinnamon
  • Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • Agave, or Honey

And honestly, it's as easy as this:
  • Preheat your oven to 400 degrees to make it nice and toasty inside.
  • Split your banana directly down the middle to make a little boat.
  • Wrap the nanner lightly in a piece of aluminum foil, leaving the top exposed.
  • Spread your nut butter on thickly, sprinkle your spices heavily.
  • Measure out your walnuts evenly, & dress the whole deal generously with your agave syrup.
  • VIOLAEAT UP

I am not ashamed to admit that my baking time was interrupted for an extra dosage of sunflower butter, and another shake of my cinnamon. Two ingredients I just can't get enough of. 

Why sunflower or 'sunbutter' over peanut? Well, that's a story for another day. 

For now, all I have time to share is my LOVE for it. 
Don't believe me? Try it for yourself. 





FEAST ONmy pb-nana-cinnamony loving friends. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment